< Back to Job Opportunities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Support packaging development programs for new and existing products.
- Support engineering change requirements for current packaging designs.
- Generate and manage all packaging related documentation including specifications, test plans, and reports.
- Manage multiple packaging projects simultaneously.
- Drive packaging cost reduction initiatives from concept through completion.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Knowledge of packaging materials related to paperboard, corrugated, molded pulp, EPS, Clamshell, and packaging equipment.
- Familiar with ASTM / ISTA package testing requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of software tools such as TOPS & Solidworks (or similar).
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Packaging Engineering
- Five or more years of experience in design and development of packaging in a consumer product / durable goods/ appliance industry.
Ability to interpret data/ perform technical analysis.
- Ability to think independently and define correct solutions to problems involving multiple variables and constraints.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Packaging Professional registration preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to lift approximately 20 lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand and use stairs in manufacturing environment.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Primary work environment is office environment.
- Manufacturing site and warehouse visits are frequently required.
- On-site position. Occasional local travel to suppliers and secondary sites is required. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are necessary.
< Back to Job Opportunities