Master Data Manager
< Back to Job Opportunities
The Master Data (MDM) Manager is accountable for establishing and managing the Supply Chain SAP Master Data governance of best practices, policies and procedures for managing the operational Master Data. This role is accountable for the maintenance of our data efficiently and at a level of quality for data integrity.
This role will provide technical leadership to the Information Systems Team as well as lead and support Master Data initiatives, ensuring master data decisions are approved cross functionally. The Supply chain MDM Manager will be responsible for integration into business projects where master data impacts are anticipated, ensuring timelines and budgets are met and business value is realized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the Supply Chain Master Data processes and procedures necessary for enterprise-wide efficient data management
- Data Governance Process Design: Accountable for executing data maintenance processes in accordance with the data governance process frameworko
- Data Standards: Responsible for adopting and deploying the data standards and business rules within their data domain.
- People / Organizational Development: Responsible for staying current on data management / data governance training, business rules and data standards as they are implemented.
- Oversees the Master Data team focused on supply chain data. Responsibilities including employee development; provide training on data governance expectations, standards and processes, as well as career development for the teams.
- Responsible for Supply Chain master data quality in one or more domains
- Assists with the resolution of data integration issues as requested by the Business Data Stewards
- Assists the Business Data Stewards in the definition of business requirements and data business rules
- Implement the policies and procedures of the data governance council, assisted by the Business Data Steward
- Supports projects and initiatives in development and refinement of data processes and metrics in accordance as requested by the business and Business Data Stewards
- Recommends adjustments to data policies and procedures as necessary to improve key performance indicators
- Investigates and initiates appropriate corrective action when data quality in their span of responsibility does not meet required quality levels
- Assist the business and Business Data Stewards with data problem resolution when requested
- Monitors performance indicators/metrics for data within their span of responsibility and regularly reports status to supervisor (and organizational management if required)
- Assists Business and Business Data Stewards with training of new Data Administrators
- Reviews data deletion and archiving requests for data in their span of responsibility and forwards to approver with appropriate
- Stays informed of changes in data standards and processes which impact the data
- Enters problems originating in their business area in problem resolution database and monitors problem resolution process until resolution is complete
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Project Management – Competency to manage global, cross-functional teams to effectively drive on-time, on-budget, quality delivery of project deliverables. Ability to identify, communicate, and resolve issues and risks early so as not to impede project / program success.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Time Management – Determines ability to complete all facets of projects within agreed upon timeframes. This includes, but is not limited to: scoping; design; crating and documenting requirements; acquiring documented user acceptance of design/requirements/specifications; converting design/requirements/specifications into code; compiling code; creating test scenarios and transactions; running tests to confirm development meets specifications; acquiring documented user acceptance that confirmed development has met specifications and have been successfully performed without errors; providing written documentation of all development work.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Education and/or Experience
- Strong knowledge of SAP Item Master Data Management, including data architecture / governance / quality
- Bachelor’s Degree or Work experience
- 3-5 years managing people and/or teams to provide guidance, mentoring and management
- Experience in working in manufacturing environment with SAP Master Data Add, Changes, Deletes
- Domain-specific data management experience (in the context of large ERP platforms - SAP experience preferred)
- Experience working within an international organization, including multi-country or global implementation experience
- Knowledge of most of the key concepts around key concepts around master data management, data standards and organizations
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of supplier data elements, processes, and organizational support models
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: N/A
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: N/A
< Back to Job Opportunities