< Back to Job Opportunities
Provides cross functional project leadership for the successful deployment of new product initiative and key business initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Supports all project management activities for the assigned programs.
- Supports the creation of project definition and execution of all project phases in accordance with the defined phase gate process.
- Provides direction to cross functional teams to insure all activities are completed as needed.
- Facilitates cross functional team meetings to insure adherence to program objective, resolve issues and make decisions.
- Clearly identifies and communicates risks and mitigation plans.
- Insures that all project documentation is in place as required to insure that product specifications and requirements are clear to the teams.
- Identifies needed resources and manages prioritization with leadership to insure needs are met.
- Prepares and presents updates for monthly reviews and gate meetings.
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Is prepared to be flexible with schedule to meet the demands of project requirements.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Time Management – Determines ability to complete all facets of projects within agreed upon timeframes. This includes, but is not limited to: scoping; design; crating and documenting requirements; acquiring documented user acceptance of design/requirements/specifications; converting design/requirements/specifications into code; compiling code; creating test scenarios and transactions; running tests to confirm development meets specifications; acquiring documented user acceptance that confirmed development has met specifications and have been successfully performed without errors; providing written documentation of all development work.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- This position has no direct reports and significant indirect leadership requirements.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Degreed engineer, BSME, BSEE, or BSIE preferred
- Experience managing cross-functional teams through the design, development, and implementation of product development projects preferred
- Experience in the design and manufacturing of injection molded, cast, and / or sheet metal fabrications is preferred. Competence in at least one technical area is required
- English fluency is required; other language skills are desirable but not required.
- Above average math skills are required, consistent with engineering training. Statistics knowledge is expected.
- Above average problem solving and decision making skills are required. Must be capable of articulating the decision process and leading others through clear problem solving exercises.
- MS office including MS project and PowerPoint is needed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required. Professional organization affiliation is a benefit. Project management certification is a strong plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Superior teamwork and motivational skills are required, outstanding organization and documentation skills are required.
< Back to Job Opportunities