Weber Parts Fulfillment Center Supervisor
1st Shift (6:00 am - 2:00 pm)
< Back to Job Opportunities
The Fulfillment Center supervisor is responsible for driving a world class replacement part department, meeting the operational targets for safety, quality, delivery, inventory and cost; working to develop even greater performance through continuous improvements, and doing this every day through strong team building and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Provides direction to the employees in the FedEx, UPS, Receiving, Inventory, Assembly Replacement area
- Understands and uses SAP and Varsity to ensure distribution of work and timely shipments.
- Analyzes open orders to estimate worker hours and create working schedules that meet both internal and external needs for all work areas.
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records, performs reviews, and administers discipline.
- Implements and enforces department and company policies & procedures.
- Adheres to safety requirements
- Conducts department meetings and updating Metrics for S,Q,D,C & I
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Investigates employee issues and recommends resolutions.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weakness; Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotionally customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively, Edits work for spelling and grammar, Presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO Policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly and good house-keeping.
- Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Directly supervises up to 45 employees in the Weber Packing Center, including Weber employees and temporary employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual is preferred to have experience in parcel shipments or equivalent work experience, and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Union shop experience preferred.
Lean manufacturing Green-Belt preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. A person who is multi-lingual with strong English and Spanish speaking skills is preferred.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software, and be able to use Microsoft Office, specifically (email, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
< Back to Job Opportunities