Why Does "---" Display As the Temperature Reading in the Weber iGrill App?
There are a few reasons as to why the Weber iGrill app would display “- - -“ when connected to your Weber Kitchen Thermometer. In order to fix this, you will need to forget or reset the Bluetooth® pairing on your device and perform a reset of the Weber Kitchen Thermometer.
The existing Bluetooth® Smart pairing must be deleted from the Bluetooth® Settings menu.
- Per your smart device's user manual, make your way to the Bluetooth® setting.
- Select the Weber Kitchen Thermometer pairing listed and select "Forget this device" essentially having your device delete any previous connections of the Weber Kitchen Thermometer.
To perform a Kitchen Thermometer unit reset:
If these steps do not cause the Weber iGrill app to resume displaying the Weber Kitchen Thermometer temperature readings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Separate the Weber Kitchen Thermometer from its base.
- Open the battery compartment by rotating the battery door counter-clockwise.
- Remove the battery for 30 seconds.
- Replace the battery. Turn the Weber Kitchen Thermometer back on.
- Hold down the reset button in the battery compartment for about 5 seconds. When the Weber Kitchen Thermometer has reset successfully, the Smart LED will glow white. Replace the battery door.
- Open the Weber iGrill app with the Weber Kitchen Thermometer powered on and in range to re-pair it and view the temperature readings.